Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im going to start a brackish tank (225 Gallons). Was wondering about what kind of fish would be good. Sort of like the figure 8 puffers but hearing they can be aggressive and dont want to have just one fish in a very large tank. All input is apreciated.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Thats a pretty large tank, and there are several possibilities. I really like the Siamese Tiger fish, but they get large when adult (18" or so) and at that size would eat about anything it could fit in its mouth. Other choices could be, Orange chromide, Bumble Bee Gobies, Knight Gobies,Figure 8 puffers,Green spotted puffers,Celebes Rainbows, or the Target fish from South-East Asia, which is a beautiful fish but also gets large (15" Adult) and is also a carnivore, There are probably many more but these are just some of my favorites. :) I added a pic of the Tiger and Target in the gallery, these are stock Photos and not my fish, i have however kept the tiger to about 6 inches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I have done freshwater but never brackish. I had some larger fresh water fish. I was wonder if i could put a few puffers, gobies, mono, and others. Sort of have a little bit of everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my brother had a brakish thank with a big fish in i dont know the name but that fish was crazy. my brother was baybysitting some chikend for grandma and they got into the house and one of them rested at the top of the aquarium then the fish came and dragged it innto the aquarium. but my brother got it up again but it died of stess the next day

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow that's a big tank. I'm a pirahana man myself. You could get a shcool of 10-15. They can get 8-12". Once adults they lose the spots and get gold specs. Beutiful fish plus really fun to feed. You got a 90-100 gal you wanna get rid of lemme know.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
wow! big tank! f8 puffers are a little aggressive, but still can be kept community. but fish with long fins are a no-go. bumnblebee gobies are even worse fin nippers. i think orange chromides and green chromides make good fish-you can see the symbiotic relationship they have in your own home! you can still have room to keep other fish in that size tank as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts