Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a glass aquarium and there are water stains on it that wont come off with a wet cloth...i washed it with tap water because it was dirty when i got it...

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Ahhhhh i see, it looks kinda foggy... *o2

When ever i have a problem like that on a canopy, or if the canopy starts to get fogged up, I use a razor blade and a little water. If you use water and use it gentily, it wont scratch the glass. It might take a few hours, *frown but you probably will get a lot of it off.

Try it out and let us know what happens. :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright ill try it

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesnt work it comes right back

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im about 15 miles from there...i havent tried the bleach thing yet hold on

btw i already bought a filter yesterday...a penguin 330

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it doesnt work...its like evaporated water

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
If it is calcium deposits, try vinegar and it will help to remove them with work and I mean work and it will not make your aquarium unusable. It will also disinfect the aquarium to use vinegar in it and then wash, wash, wash with clear water. It will take a while to take the deposits out. There is a product to remove calcium from an aquarium that is aquarium safe but it is also a bit expensive and does not do a better job than the vinegar so that is why I do not recommend it.

Rose

Reactions: orion
G

·
Vinegar works like a charm for mineral deposits on glass, just make sure to wash thoroughly afterward before adding fish.

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
yes what they said vinegar while your at it take a shot fer yourself

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
i might as well weigh in also :) vinegar works great on hard water deposits, which this appears to be, i buy the cheapest vinegar i can find, because its less refined, and therefore contains more of the acid required to remove lime. I just pour a little full strength on a plastic scrubby pad, and go to town, then rinse well with clear water...Bingo :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you all so much...the vinegar idea worked very well

thank you all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts