Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i am all for a natural set up, i dont want any gawdy fake plants or ugly fake decor, I currently have an amazon sword, a relativly thick green grass and although i know they apparently are not ment for aquariums i have an umbrella plant. i also have some natural wood (some kind of highly dense african wood) i also have a floating pond plant from where i work (if you need the name i will post it later), all in a 50 gallon tank, as far as fish go i have 3 balla sharks ( i will get them into the tank of an awaiting freind with a 200 gallon when they get to big) 5 neon tetras, 1 rainbow shark, 3 angle fish, a betta, a spotted catfish, a common pleco, 2 adult trapdoor snails, 6 babbies who were born yesterday (plan to give away all but one) and 3 small freshwater clams. In your opinion is this an okay community and would it be okay to add ghost shrimp, I am an overfeeder i know this and it would be very hard for me to kick this habbit. So all in all i would love suggestions! *c/p*

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Id get rid of the rainbow shark with some of those fish, rainbows are highly aggressive fish, more so then their RTS cousins.

Bala sharks get rather large and will outgrow that 55 in a matter of months.

for natural looks you seem to have it down, chunk rocks,plants and wood.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Yes rainbow sharks are very territorial after they claim a territory. They are pretty agressive especially with your tetras and betta because they are small.

Ghost shrimps will get eaten as said.

If you overfeed, remember to do extra water changes to reduce nitrate toxic levels.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts