Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this thread I will post about my gar. He is soo cool and I love him. That is why I will post pics and feeding vids of him here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tuseday October 6,2009
6:53 PM

Today he is hanging out at the top. He will hang by the filter and snap at the bubbles. It is fun to watch(I'll take a vid of it). I tried feeding him minnows and he was snapping at them. Later I will put a video of him attaking them on. He is not aggressive other than that. He likes to come to the edge of the tank and hit his nose on the glass (why IDK). That is all I have for rite now. I will post more later. I have the pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
is he possibly hitting his nose hard? he could get snout damage!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
October 8, 2009
8:57 PM

I fixed it. He didn't like his reflection. He would stalk up to the glass and tap it with his nose. I found out cuz he was puffing out/up some of his fins and looking at the reflection in the tank. I put a big sheet of gold cardstock there and he dosn't do it anymore. Thanks for your concern tho.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He attacked a minnow today. I watchd him and it is fun. He will sneak up behind it and dart up to it and grab it. Then he filps it around so it is head first and swallows it whole.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
October 9, 2009
7:08 AM

I just posted some pics. Some have a weird flash on them. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
October 9th, 2009
5:50 PM

I was feeding my gar with a net because all the minnows stay at the bottom cuz they are terriffied. I brought one up to the top and suddenly I notice Garzilla is very still. Suddenly he darted AT the net to get the fish in it and ALMOST bit the net. I moved it in time so he missed. Still kinda weird that he would attack the net tho.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
October 13, 2009
6:33 PM

I just saw him swallow a minnow headfirst. He seems to be doing good. He hangs out at the top like most gars do and will sometimes dart down to grab a minnow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts