Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is Frick, my male Convict. I had to seperate him from his wife Frack. Just too much breeding.

Frick is fourth generation with me. I think he displays the best colors that I've seen so far (but maybe I'm partial). Frick gets Cichlid pellets 4-5 times a week and lots of live and frozen foods. Brine Schrimp, blood worms, white worms and wingless fruit flies are all eaten with gusto. He even gets the occassional nightcrawler.

He currently lives in a 55 gallon tank with my 8" Oscar named Jack. Jack has quickly learned to leave Frick alone and stay away from his log.

Maybe some day I'll buy a good camera and get better at photography. But not today!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Clean water, good foods and selective breeding pays off. I'm trying to decide on my next breeding project.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah hes a good looking fella,he kind of looks like my old male,but my flowerhorn thrashed him,so i gave my con to a mate

·
Registered
258 Posts
i noticed with my male convict after i seperated him from the females, he got really dark in color and developed a small hump on his head. Looks better than before. I put him in my arowana tank and he swims around with the arowana most of day. I wait till I see the females show spawn colors before I put him back in there and it keeps working.

·
Newly infected with MTS.
46 Posts
Very nice looking Con! We recently got one as well, but he beat the crap out of a Tiger Oscar his first night in, so he's going back to the LFS.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A good healthy convict will beat the crap out of mot fish in the tank (within reason). It doesn't take long for even much larger fish to learn to stay out of their way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts