• Randa's 400-450ltr home made tank

Votes: 5 12.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again!
Get your pictures uploaded so we can take votes on the freshwater tank of the month.
Nominate tanks in this thread and we'll run a vote after we get the submissions.
You may nominate yourself or someone else's tank.
If you entered a previous contest and didn't win, you are still eligible to enter your tank again!
When voting starts, the poll will run on this very thread.
Once the vote starts, no new tanks can be entered, you'll need to wait till next month.
Once the vote starts, photos cannot be changed or added. Take your best photos now!
All of your your pictures must be uploaded to our photo gallery. If your photos are hosted elsewhere, please also upload them to the photo gallery here at Aquarium Forum.
Winner will receive a tank of the month seal in their profile!
So get your picture posted on this thread asap to try and win the vote!
Click here to subscribe to this thread, this way you can track it easily, even if you don't post in the thread.
Good luck to everyone!!

Edit, these are the entries:

Zambize's 37g bowfront:

Kogo's 2.5g planted tank:

Houngan's planted tank:

Randa's 400-450ltr home made tank:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is my show tank!

I'm adding information about the tank as was requested! --> This is a 37 gallon bow front with black substrate, several pieces of driftwood, a custom-built flagstone cave, and dense artificial plants. The tank is kept crystal clear with 2 Penguin filters. A Marineland heater is kept around 75 degrees. In the left/center of the picture is a Paradise Fish and the colorful blurs are Platy. Not visible are 5 Julii Corydoras and 1 Red-Tailed Black Shark.

Thanks!
Zambize

·
Registered
324 Posts
The following is my 2.5 gallon freshwater planted "office" aquarium. It has been running for one year.

It sits on a custom stand made by yours truly and is lit with one 9 watt, 10K, PC bulb...

and currently houses one (hard to photograph) gardneri killie fish (and snails LOL)

I hope you like it!

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the entries so far. Please make sure the pics are uploaded here to our gallery instead of hosted elsewhere. The reason is because sometimes pics get removed from elsewhere, and that would be bad! If they are here they should stay, no reason to remove them from here as you get unlimited space in your gallery to store your aquarium pictures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't believe you got a 2.5 gallon planted so well without overpowering the tank. I'm trying to plant a 10 gallon and it seems like every plant I look at will be too large.

Zambize

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picture is in My Photo Gallery - some problems with links- dont have 5 posts :D
170l pH ~ 6,5 temp. 27 Celsius, now with 6 Angels, 3 Ancistrus sp. and 3 C. panda

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a couple of my tanks Tomorrow!!! I'm in California leaving to home (Florida) tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do I post them in this forum?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Instructions are in the first post of the thread! If you get your pictures up in the next few hours, you will be the last one allowed to enter. If you don't enter in the next few hours, you can enter in the next months. Later today I will post a poll where you will be able to vote.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts