Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I found out it was ich/ick so wats the best way to treat with a mini pletco in with the betta. plz help.

Reactions: Shotgun

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
first, raise the temperature to about 85-87 degrees. add some aquarium salt, and buy some antibiotic. i had a little ich problem a month or two ago and i used super ich cure. its the best antibiotic/medicine i have used to treat any disease. heres a link of it.

Super Ick Cure™ Powder - API

nobody likes seeing their fish suffer with some disease. i wish the best of success to you! let us know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will be sure to let you know. But I was wondering do you happen to know if its safe for plectos I read somwhere that they are sensitive to copper?

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
didnt read that part. lol. yeah like loaches, inverts, and corys, plecos are sensative to copper. to be honest with you, i dont remember if the super ich cure powder has copper in it. if it does, then just treat with a medication that is copper free.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well been treating with quick cure seems to be working well betta is much more active and eating again. his body has almost cleared up but his tail is still pretty bad. My 10 gallon caught it now also just started treating today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts