Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just joined this forum because I've discovered white worms in my Blue Gills tank. It grossed me out. I've already made a thread for that.

Now that I've got some time to sit- I'm introdcuing myself!

My name is Kristi, and I've been keeping tanks for several years now. I had goldfish when i was younger, and have since moved to larger tanks.

I've currently got a 10 gallon with 3 goldfish in it. It's filtered with a Penguin 125. It was a last minute thing, as the fish weren't meant to be inside. One (about 6 inches long) is named "Cecelias Fish" because I got it as a 26cent feeder for my cow, to keep the bug larva out of her waterer. Well, my cows' name was Cecelia, and it was her fish. Cecelias Fish is now 3 years old I think, and after Cecelia was sold, the fish lived in my Horses water... along with a second random fish that I don't remember aquiring. The third fish, a tiny 26 cent feeder, was purchased in a lot for Donny (my blue gill) but it was the healthiest one, so I saved it to become my horses fish... but my horse got very ill and had to be put down- so- I'm sort of against feeding off that perticuliar fish :(

My next tank is a 20 gallon long. It's got a sandy bottom, under gravel filter, Penguin Mini, Whisper i10, heater and all live plantings. That's my community tank. It's home to breeding guppies, 2 female dwarf platties, a cherry barb, and "Skunk", my fish that I can't remember what he is, but I got him because he eats snails.

My community tank:

Then, my blue gill Donny lives in my 29 gallon. He's got an interesting story! I asked my best guy friend and my brother "catch me a fish". Well, I'm working at the restraunt and get a text message from my friend, it says: "I got you a fish, come get it after work." I call him back on my break, and told him that I hadn't expected him to really save me a fish, and that I don't know how to cook fish unless it's a fish stick. He was silent for a little while, and then sputtered, "You don't wanna eat it because it's swimming in my bath tub and you have to get it tonight!" :eek: I've now had Donny for a year and a half! He likes ham, but only in small bits. He likes live or dead bugs, but absoutly will not eat dead feeder fish. Even if they died like an hour before you give it to him. He'll spit it out. He also loves the little crumbs at the bottom of the beef jerkey bag :D

Donny in his tank:

In addition to my 3 fish tanks, I also have 7 birds, a salamander, 2 chinchillas, breed gerbils, and have 4 rabbits. Well- and a kitty that I found at work. Shes' a nut case.

I work at a refinery. My hobbies are my animals, and my cars. I do a lot of engine work myself :D I also run a forum. It's about gerbils. I didn't start it, but it was one I joined 4 years ago, then I became a mod, and then the admin handed it over to me. It's a cool place. I like forums :D

In case anybody is interested:
The Gerbil Forum - Home

Also, my camera and i have a pretty good relationship, so I take a lot of pictures. Ask and I shall post! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome... you seem to be very interesting person, in a good way
:rolleyes: Uh Oh!

I blame it all on my mom. When my goldfish died she wouldn't let me have any more pets. So- when I moved out... Well... I seem to have managed to aquire a zoo. I love it though.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hi Kristi. Welcome to the forum. It is nice having you here with us all. Lots of cool people on the forum.Have fun posting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts