Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i JUST put my betta in a 5 gallon with a filter and a heater. it suddenly turned foggy. my betta has also been "sitting" at the bottom of the tank. my parents say that him probably sleeping but i d k. i also wanna clean the tank, but i cleaned it last night, and my parents say it will hurt the fish. so can i put bags of water in the tank till they reach the right tempurature then let them go in???? help.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
you can let the bucket sit for 24 hours nad get to room temp and if you have an extra heater you could get to to very close......

Do a complete water test, check your water perams, make dure they are ok.... if it was just cleaned sometime they get cloudy, if it a new set up you need to cycle the tank first before putting your fish in it

·
Registered
306 Posts
A five gallon tank should clear up pretty fast if you just started it, it will go thru its cycles fast because of the small size and you might want to think about a small cory cat or two in there. I keep a betta with panda corys and hatchetfish in a 10 gal tank. They seem to do great with each other. I also have friends that have whole community aquariums with male bettas in there fine. Havent tried it yet tho so I couldnt be the judge of that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts