Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed down these two as the most readily available in my area. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences to share on this

as a side note- I'm fishless cycling

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Eco-complete

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Eco-Complete breaks down over time, it turns into a shiny black granule.

Flourite does not

I have both in one tank, and in two others seperately. Eco complete comes with some good juice, flourite does not. As far as growth, the tanks grow at the same rate.

Flourite makes a black as well as a planting black sand called black onyx. same price as the eco.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
peat moss, sand, and gravel.

(what I use )

Reactions: jeffro0050

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've never used eco-complete, but I have flourite in most of my FW tanks. My plants grow like crazy, so I certainly have no complaints about the stuff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eco-Complete breaks down over time, it turns into a shiny black granule.

Flourite does not

I have both in one tank, and in two others seperately. Eco complete comes with some good juice, flourite does not. As far as growth, the tanks grow at the same rate.

Flourite makes a black as well as a planting black sand called black onyx. same price as the eco.
This is precisely the information I needed! I wonder why the heck it breaks down?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Its part soil is what it seems like a soil pellet and over time of saturation it breaks down into tiny particles and settles deeper in the substrate. I have some brand new and some thats well over a year old, the old stuff is shiny and granular the new stuff is sort of similar but still has some good chunks of whatever it is.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
idk the eco complete looks alot better IMO, smaller granules and it shines like onyx stone, looks alot nicer under the lunar lights too.

I mixed mine in my 52, took 50# of flourite out and put 100# of eco complete in, it looks very interesting, like an OLD OLD brick oven look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts