Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Dario Stawski – marketing manager at Fishial.AI a nonprofit organization building a fish identification technology tool that uses artificial intelligence to recognize fish species around the world.

Through our online platform, we are uploading & processing thousands of photos for each of the about 34,000 species. We have around 100 recreational fishing species identified being used by the community already. This feature is mostly used for fish preservation standards.

Today, we are in the stage of identifying TROPICAL SPECIES. We would like you to join our cause by including your fish photos in our portal. It’s quick and easy you just need to go to Fishial.AI | Enabling Fishial Recognition click sign up, create your account and upload your pictures.
Ultimately, this will be the largest open-source fish library in the world created by the community for the community.

We trust that together we can change the way humanity sees fish and help preserve the underwater life.
To learn about Fishial.ai visit our Instagram Profile or check out this Video Introduction Project Overview

Kind regards,

---
Lic. Dario Stawski
Wye Foundation
Fishial.ai Project
www.fishial.ai
Marketing Manager
[email protected]

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi lildrummerboy, Were you able to sign up at Fishial? Please let me know if I could help you with our portal!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

D
Dario
Registered

Joined Oct 12, 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · Oct 12, 2022

My name is Dario Stawski – marketing manager at Fishial.AI a nonprofit organization building a fish identification technology tool that uses artificial intelligence to recognize fish species around the world.

Through our online platform, we are uploading & processing thousands of photos for each of the about 34,000 species. We have around 100 recreational fishing species identified being used by the community already. This feature is mostly used for fish preservation standards.

Today, we are in the stage of identifying TROPICAL SPECIES. We would like you to join our cause by including your fish photos in our portal. It’s quick and easy you just need to go to Fishial.AI | Enabling Fishial Recognition click sign up, create your account and upload your pictures.
Ultimately, this will be the largest open-source fish library in the world created by the community for the community.

We trust that together we can change the way humanity sees fish and help preserve the underwater life.
To learn about Fishial.ai visit our Instagram Profile or check out this Video Introduction Project Overview

Kind regards,

---
Lic. Dario Stawski
Wye Foundation
Fishial.ai Project
www.fishial.ai
Marketing Manager
[email protected]

SaveShare
Reply Quote

Registered
Joined Jul 29, 2022
97 Posts
#2 · Oct 12, 2022

ok, ill try to

"We're all mad here"

-Cheshire Cat

Reactions:You
SaveShare
Reply Quote

D
Dario
Registered

Joined Oct 12, 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · Oct 13, 2022

Hi! Please let me know how it goes and if you need any help on the process of uploading your pictures.

SaveShare
Reply Quote

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Um. I'm not so sure I'm convinced. It must require DNA tests. Images alone= not sure.
Hi, I appreciate your comment!
Our system already recognizes 100+ different kind of recreational fish thanks to our team of marine biologist, engineers, organizations and volunteers who just like you could help us by donating pictures to our portal. We don't need DNA test, we need about 1000 pictures per species and a lot of manpower to process those pictures. Today, we are in the stage of identifying TROPICAL SPECIES.
Ultimately, this will be the largest open-source fish library in the world created by the community for the community. You may check it at fishial.ai
Kind regards,

· Registered
61 Posts
So...... 34,000 species @ 1000 photos per species... Only 34 million unique images necessary ._.

Your marketing video is 2 years old, has there been any major progress since then?

Are you still looking for AI<slash>ichtheological experts to work this project?
(The webpage only listed past interns and remote marketing - the later is you I assume; are there any openings for software engineers who also have degrees in biology - asking for a friend)

-If so, do they require DARPA experience? (And/or SCI clearance)
(Because the machine learning I think you're after and the tone at large is something eerily familiar...)

Regardless of that, and in the spirit of open source - I will click the portal, and dissect the API. Thank you for bringing this project to my attention!

v/r

-Teslacron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts