Aquarium Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
....has no life....
12,629 Posts
If you feed flake food just grind up small with your fingers and they will eat that. Watch them. If the particles are too big, adjust.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Way for the baby guppies!! How can you see their eyes already?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Way for the baby guppies!! How can you see their eyes already?
How can I see their eyes? Um. Because they have eyes?
*r2

I found a plastic container, poked some holes in it, scooped them out, now have the plastic container floating in the ten gallon. Hopefully they won't die until the box comes in tomorrow. Paid 11 dollars for it, including over night shipping. Not bad.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Been thinking about co2 on the 29 when it gets up... or maybe even the ten. But it's expensive.. Right?

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Yes It is expensive, well it can be. If you get a already made co2 thing then expect to pay 80-200. You can do diy co2 and pay way less. But then don't forget about how much it costs to refill the co2 tank if you get the already made co2 thing. You don't need co2 if you don't do high lighting. You can have co2 without high lighting, it'll just make the plants grow faster. If you do high lighting then you NEED TO DO CO2. The plants will grow so fast in high lighting that they will suck up all the nutrients to fast and will slowly kill them selves. Doing co2 on a 10 gallon will be a wast of money, not a lot of space to plant and you are limited in your choices of plants. If you do co2 then go with the 29 gallon.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Yes It is expensive, well it can be. If you get a already made co2 thing then expect to pay 80-200. You can do diy co2 and pay way less. But then don't forget about how much it costs to refill the co2 tank if you get the already made co2 thing. You don't need co2 if you don't do high lighting. You can have co2 without high lighting, it'll just make the plants grow faster. If you do high lighting then you NEED TO DO CO2. The plants will grow so fast in high lighting that they will suck up all the nutrients to fast and will slowly kill them selves. Doing co2 on a 10 gallon will be a wast of money, not a lot of space to plant and you are limited in your choices of plants. If you do co2 then go with the 29 gallon.
EW. That's a lot of money. I'll do it eventually for maybe something bigger than even a 29.

Found another guppy baby. We have ten and they're eating crushed flake food every 5 hours or so

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Waiting for breeding box to come in... All guppies and guppy babies are alive.
Aside from losing another male last night, he definitely had dropsy.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Miscounted last night, we have 11 babies. One is dying, though. It can't swim and won't eat.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
We lost one baby. Down to 10. Breeder box came, I was worried about them fitting through the slots, but only their tails are tiny enough to fit through, I think they'll be okay. Pictures to come.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

If I have a female guppy boxing up but she's not huge, is she still close to giving birth?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Had more babies show up today. Mom is still in labor. 13(?) so far. Also figured out I have a pin-tail male Guppy in my tank. That explains the baby guppy with the pointed tail.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like to keep well tanks and I like to see well planted tanks as photo.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts