Aquarium Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Plants won't come in until next Friday because I didn't order before 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
Ugh.
Edit: Just got an email from Dustinsfishtanks, plants were shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow! new substrate, salt, root tabs, and bendazole are coming in today.
Lights are coming in tomorrow morning.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just lost a pregnant guppy. I thought she was in labor, found her dead on the bottom of the tank. Down to 14 now. Please please please don't let this be like the ghost shrimp...
What happened to the ghost shrimp?
They were sick in the store and so I'm losing most of the ones I bought. But, they were only .25 cents so it's not too bad.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Rinsing substrate for new tank.. Do you think I could cover the bucket of substrate with a towel or something over the night? I decided to do the substrate change and planting at the same time to make it easier on the fish.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Substrate is rinsed, both ten gallons got a 50% change and stress coat added. I'm scared I'm going to lose all my Guppies.

Pretty sure at least one of my guppies has dropsy. Getting peas tonight.

·
....has no life....
12,629 Posts
I personally don't think you have a problem with this many tanks, but I do see a little issue with tiny tank syndrome. Are you a shrimp farmer? Let's get a few in the 3-digit category and then let's talk about your issues ;)

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I personally don't think you have a problem with this many tanks, but I do see a little issue with tiny tank syndrome. Are you a shrimp farmer? Let's get a few in the 3-digit category and then let's talk about your issues ;)
Trust me, I'll get there. Haha. Right now ten gallon's are all I can fit.. Unless I got rid of all my tanks and got one huge one but that wouldn't work very well. Lol.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Treating the ten gallons with Fenbendazole for Callamanus Nematode. I think that's what's killing my guppies. Treated planted ten gallon, too, since a net was shared between them.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Trust me, I'll get there. Haha. Right now ten gallon's are all I can fit.. Unless I got rid of all my tanks and got one huge one but that wouldn't work very well. Lol.
Five hundred gallons with a lot of dividers. How about it?*r2 Come on, I know you just thought about it. You know you want it.......:)

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Five hundred gallons with a lot of dividers. How about it?*r2 Come on, I know you just thought about it. You know you want it.......:)
Don't give me ideas! Boyfriend would not be happy! Haha

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Dump your boyfriend, then date one of your fish. That would be funny :D. Your new boyfriend would be happy.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I think I'm losing two more male guppies. They're both refusing to eat. I fed the whole tank the insides of a couple of pea's and they were the only two to not eat..

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
If they refuse to eat then you can't do a lot about it.
One bounced back. Still worried about the other. I know the whole tank is infested with Callamanus Nematode, and I'm treating both ten gallons for that. The guppies get flake food treated with Fenbendazole in the morning, at noon they get a couple of peas, and at night they get bloodworms soaked in Fenbendazole. This is day two of treatment. I havn't lost anymore ghost shrimp since I started treatment, and I'm waiting for my crushed coral to come in to raise the hardness and PH of both tanks since they are both super low. I'm going to move the Pleco into the tank with the Crawfish until I have the 29 setup, just because I don't want him eating all my brand new plants. Plants are on their way, UPS said "Out for Delivery" at 8:10 this morning.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Baby Nemo, about lights, unless you are growing a high light plant in the tank, you can use any light. They have 10 dollar neon grow lights (tube and fixture) at walmart for 10 or 11 dollers. No one needs to spend 100 dollers on a light, just go for lower light plants. A light is a light is a light. Now, if you had a 120 gallon aquarium, you would want a light that got all the way to the bottom-- unless you avoided plants. Many fish are not kept with plants.

Hope your kitty gets better.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Baby Nemo, about lights, unless you are growing a high light plant in the tank, you can use any light. They have 10 dollar neon grow lights (tube and fixture) at walmart for 10 or 11 dollers. No one needs to spend 100 dollers on a light, just go for lower light plants. A light is a light is a light. Now, if you had a 120 gallon aquarium, you would want a light that got all the way to the bottom-- unless you avoided plants. Many fish are not kept with plants.

Hope your kitty gets better.
I got a light for 45 dollars, I think that's how much it was, it's the same light I use on my other ten gallon planted. It works really well and should be here today.
Thank you.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Growing less and less patience waiting for lights and plants to come as the hours go by. Can't wait to start rescaping

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Plants came in!
Went to go start rescaping and saw that one of the guppies has given birth to at least twenty fry! Had to work around the babies, lost two in the turtles tank, hopefully they'll find a place to hide, they are so adorable and tiny and their little eyes are so cute. Pictures will come when the cloudiness settles down in the tank. I'm in love with it. Hoping the babies will be able to stay away from momma's.

Now... How do I feed the little buggers if I keep them in the ten gallon? Will they eat the grownups leftovers?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Ordering something for the baby fry to go into, a breeding box. It will be here tomorrow.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts