Aquarium Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I don't know about a wood floor. They are only about a pound or 2 per block I will tell you the exact weight in a minute. Yes, but are you on a concrete slab?
Yeah about that 2 pounds I said, Well it's more like 30 pounds.....And thats the one I use, I can show you the ones I use in a minute.
No, I'm not on a concrete slab.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Aww, guppies are such amazing fish. It is you loss, but heavens gain. Yeah gain, as in gain a new fishy angel.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
No, I'm not on a concrete slab.
I'm not either but my room is on the edge of the house so my walls are load bearing walls almost all around. Do you have any load bearing walls?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Aww, guppies are such amazing fish. It is you loss, but heavens gain. Yeah gain, as in gain a new fishy angel.
I would really like to know why I lost her.. Could she have been sick coming home from petland? Water is testing perfect.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Are you testing your water or their water? Their water was probably horrible and it could have sent her into shock from going to dirty water to clean water.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Are you testing your water or their water? Their water was probably horrible and it could have sent her into shock from going to dirty water to clean water.
I tested the water in their tank right before she died. Could it have been because she was so close to giving birth, and then the stress of the new tank and clean water, that caused the labor to kill her?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm not either but my room is on the edge of the house so my walls are load bearing walls almost all around. Do you have any load bearing walls?
I'm not sure. But, I'm on the ground floor right above the basement. Two of my walls are on the outside, and in my new room two walls are on the outside too.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
That could have been what killed her.
Well if you have 2 walls in each room then you could be good, I think. I have a 29 gallon, 20 gallon, and a 10 gallon all on the same wall but the 10 and 20 are right up against each other and the 20 is a bit spaced apart form the others, about 5-10 feet separates them.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That could have been what killed her.
Well if you have 2 walls in each room then you could be good, I think. I have a 29 gallon, 20 gallon, and a 10 gallon all on the same wall but the 10 and 20 are right up against each other and the 20 is a bit spaced apart form the others, about 5-10 feet separates them.
Just put in some stress coat stuff so maybe that'll help me not to lose anymore... Tomorrow I'll do a water change when I re-do the tank. How can I minimize stress while changing substrate?

Btw, how do you like your 29? I have one, too. Just not set-up.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Just put in some stress coat stuff so maybe that'll help me not to lose anymore... Tomorrow I'll do a water change when I re-do the tank. How can I minimize stress while changing substrate?

Btw, how do you like your 29? I have one, too. Just not set-up.
There are plenty of threads in the web that can answer your question better then I can. But I can attempt to answer it. I would put the fish in something else like a 5 gallon bucket and put the filter on then turn it on, then put in some stress coat. Also I love my 29 gallon, I have it mostly planted and I get more plants when i can.
Have you noticed that we post mostly with in 5 minutes of each other?

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There are plenty of threads in the web that can answer your question better then I can. But I can attempt to answer it. I would put the fish in something else like a 5 gallon bucket and put the filter on then turn it on, then put in some stress coat.
Have you noticed that we post mostly with in 5 minutes of each other?
Yup, we're both on at the same time for once.
I'll look around, if I can't find anything I'll take your advice, lol.
Also, the blocks look heavy.. I would have to ask my boyfriend what he thinks, he's good with this kind of stuff.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
The commercial stands you can buy for a fish tank are not that good. The metal stands you can buy like the one you have is good, I have one myself for a 10 gallon but I took it down to make room.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The commercial stands you can buy for a fish tank are not that good. The metal stands you can buy like the one you have is good, I have one myself for a 10 gallon but I took it down to make room.
I was thinking of getting stands from Drfosterandsmith. He has double stands so like.. One on top one on bottom. I have two tens.. Three now, so two can go on one then one on another and then I could get another ten, lol. It's just a possibility though. I'm still looking/exploring my options.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
I like the way you think. Yeah, let the multiple tnak syndrome take control :)

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I like the way you think. Yeah, let the multiple tnak syndrome take control :)
I think I've gone past the point of return, lol. There's no going back now. I will forever be crazy tank lady.
"Yes, hello, welcome to my house. No, we do not have a tv. Only a tank. That is tv. You're welcome. Yes this is my room, full of tanks. Just a hundred, planning to buy a second house to have just tanks... Yes, I'm normal."

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
A second house just for tanks,lol. Make that house for breeding fish and make a living off of it. Yep, now that would be the life.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
The only thing would be trying to find a spouse that would live with "our obsession" as they would put it,lol

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The only thing would be trying to find a spouse that would live with "our obsession" as they would put it,lol
Oh god haha. My boyfriend is pretty okay with it. He likes plants and gardens and stuff. I like water and aquariums and aquatic plants.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts