Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my opinion Fish are the pest pet to keep.

Admin note: The link to another website, and a portion of this post has been removed, This is due to a violation of Forum Rule #11, prohibiting this type of posting on the Forum. The remainder of the Thread remains intact. Please refrain from this type of activity in the future.

·
~/root
661 Posts
"I follow the rule to keep 1 fish for every 10 gallons of water."

That's an ancient rule

*looks at fish tank*
Ive got *counts* 19 fish in my 150gal and I have no plans in stopping ;) Then again the only "larger" fish i have are 2 kole tangs and a multi color angel all the rest are smaller but still just to prove its a pointless rule.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"I follow the rule to keep 1 fish for every 10 gallons of water."

That's an ancient rule

*looks at fish tank*
Ive got *counts* 19 fish in my 150gal and I have no plans in stopping ;) Then again the only "larger" fish i have are 2 kole tangs and a multi color angel all the rest are smaller but still just to prove its a pointless rule.

My tank is only 25 gallon, I guess i could put another fish or two. I depends on the side and volume you have in your tank and the side of the fish you are going to put in. Also the ratio of the fish you can put on your tank increases when is a larger tank. like yours 150g. you could probably put more than 20 with no problems. But my tank is smaller, also i have clown fish, they are territorial 25 gallon tank is enough for them.
I don't know if i am explaining myself. But i guess if just a matter of trial and error.

·
~/root
661 Posts
My tank is only 25 gallon, I guess i could put another fish or two. I depends on the side and volume you have in your tank and the side of the fish you are going to put in. Also the ratio of the fish you can put on your tank increases when is a larger tank. like yours 150g. you could probably put more than 20 with no problems. But my tank is smaller, also i have clown fish, they are territorial 25 gallon tank is enough for them.
I don't know if i am explaining myself. But i guess if just a matter of trial and error.
I agree with you to some extent however you have on your site "Note: only add 1 fish per 10 gallons" that gives the wrong info. Maybe explain to them a little better that that is a rule of thumb for tanks smaller then say 55 gallons.

Also:
Your not taking into account craps, shrimp, snails, or reef cleaners.

for example i have a sand sifting starfish, 2 cleaner clams, scooter blenny and a bunch of snails in my 20 gallon refugium alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts