Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the forum and just signed up to ask this question because I’m panicking and I don't know what to do.
I have an aquarium with about 30 small fish or so, of different kinds and breeds (I don't know their names unfortunately). I changed the water in the aquarium using a hand-pump and I have an air stone in the aquarium. Once I finished changing the water and emptying and filling and re-emptying and refilling the aquarium, I noticed that all my fish were gathered at the top of the aquarium, as if they're gasping for air. So I put the air stone at a higher power, and it's been about 5 mins but they still haven't come back down. My plecos have also been swiftly going to the top of the tank then back down immediately
As I was pouring water back into the aquarium, I noticed a lot of fish poop and dirt come out from between the rocks, which is what made me re-empty the aquarium and take as much poop as I can without harming the fish.
What should I do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s a tiny air stone and that is 30 ‘small’ (tiger barbs get 3-4” and skirt tetras get 2,5”) fish and a common that gets 2 feet long in a most likely non cycled 5 gallon spongebob glofish biotope. Get rid of your fish by giving them to your pet store and realize that you can’t make a simple healthy BALANCED ecosystem but you can get a job and raise a child and be successful and life. Then think about what you did wrong and try again. YOU ARE ABUSING FISH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts