Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Last night in our LPS (chain store) I sow a Cory Julii. And I was about to buy all 5 ... until I noticed fish keeping conditions are very suspicious in that store (always, specially in the summer. Careless teens all over the store supposed to be working ...) Anyway, the problem is the price! I have never seen that type for $3 *J/D*

But I need an idea what should I do before I introduce them to my fish tank.
(if I buy them)
Do I need to "disinfect" fish some how, is there any known methods. I don't see any problems with this fish in particular, but in the same tank I sow two dead Parrots and two other fish very seek

Thanks,
Aram

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Could be a falsie as well. They are often mislabled at chain stores (along with other species). QT tanks are your friend.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
actually...they are not all the bad really. Most people have an empty 5 or 10g laying in wait for just this purpose. Always run extra filter media in an existing tank. That when, when it comes time to setting it up, you're all set. As a QT tank, you don't even need a light on it. No substrate or decorations...however, a small terra cotta pot would be nice to provide a hide. Small heater and you're set.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i purchased 2 emerald cories and they are wonderful scavengers...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Emerald cories, looks good. Almost looks like Black Schultzei *#3

I have Cory Paleatus, they do that cleaning part very good. I was thinking about Julii because I think it's one of the best cory type out there

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
The thing about julies is most places will call the 3 line cories julies not knowing the difference as they look a lot alike.
I have several types of cories myself.
Emeralds, bronze, rabutti, panda, peppered, 3 line, weitzmanii, and albino. Also a couple of the pygmy cories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts