Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL!!
I will be bringing in a couple synodontis catfish...(1 is a lg. fat angelicus!), an 8 yr. old parrot cichlid, rainbow fish, gouramies, lg. white oranda goldfish, a large plant and perhaps a surprise or 2!!! hope to see you all at the meeting!!
Becky...Your Auctioneer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a very large piece of wood.
should I attatch a plant or 2 or should i bring it bare??? it's soaked for over a month to get the tannin out and waterlog it.
Give me some input!!!!
Thankx, Becky

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
I like the plant idea, but put on something that's easy to care for. I might just buy it for my angelfish tank at school........ maybe an amazon sword or something like that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a lg. sword called Red Rubin??? have you heard of it? looks like amazon but newest leaves are dk. reddish..very nice but I dont have a bag big enough for plant AND wood...will bring seperate.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
no, but sounds very nice! i'll do a little research on at and post what I find (how to care for it). sounds good!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would bring the two in separately.

Danny, I would recommend Anubis for your school tank as they are very hardy, attach to wood easily, and require very minimal light to survive. If you update the tank specifications in your other thread, I could give you better feedback on some good plants...

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
I have a piece of driftwood in my 29 gallon tank with an anubias (probably needs CO2, but I don't know how much the system costs!) but I need it for my royal pleco..... I honestly don't know what's wrong with it, but the leaves won't grow past 2 inches...... I'm not sure if I need a new light fixture, or CO2, or both!!! Ive had the same problem with most plants except wisteria, and water sprite!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts