Aquarium Forum banner

Fish food prices

932 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Shamrocksky 
#1 ·
Looking at fish food on Amazon, these are the prices for some flake food, how come it is considerably cheaper to buy 28g rather than 12g?

I was tempted to go with the 200g but wouldn't be able to use it before it went stale!

See less See more
#2 ·
With little to no supporting evidence to look at I'd venture the guess that it is a different item entirely. Lots of vendors lump multiple foods into the same group so they lump all their reviews together and it looks like it sells better than it really does.

It might be less gram but a different fish food entirely 🤷‍♂️

#3 ·
"Fish food prices vary depending on factors such as brand, quality, and quantity. Generally, basic flake or pellet fish food can cost around $5 to $15 for a small container, while specialized or premium foods can range from $10 to $50 or more. Bulk purchases or subscription services may offer cost savings in the long term."

#5 ·
I buy my fish food in bulk from a company called Herons

Very high quality foods and very reasonable cost....delivered to the front door. I know quite a few people who use them for their fish food. They supply coldwater, cichlid, marine, turtle/reptile, tropical...pretty much all food types for your aquatic beasties

The food itself is actually what you can buy in the little packs and much higher cost.....all of it is packed in basic zip pack type bags, so no labels or marketing. My fish go nuts for it and there is a huge selection for each type of aquatic beastie to choose from, so my fish get something different each day they get fed (5 days out of 7 with 2 days fasting)

I highly recommend them, they do sell on online auction sites too but buying direct is best and cheaper.