Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Nice lookin tank :) and thanks for posting , we always look forward to new Members being active in the forums, and folks love looking at pictures.

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a 56g tank. the deminsions are 22''x18''x24''.

I bought the tank for a bargen, only $125. After seeing that price, I ABSOLUTLY HAD TO get this tank. I picked up the stand for a discount because it was minorly damaged. The place where I buy all of my fish is not a pet store. It is a 10,000 square foot aquarium and fish store. I told the guys who worked there that I had a passion for fish and they really respected me for that, especially because I am so young. so they gave me a big discount on the minorally damaged stand. instead of the regular $170, they gave it to me for $100; about the same price it would have been to make a quality stand from scratch.

I bought a filter on the internet, and it came in the other day. It is a penguin 350B bio-wheel. I picked it up for about $55. I got another air pump, the wisper 40, new airstones, etc. for $30.

The coral is what REALLY took me for broke. The coral cost about $130.

By the time I was done setting it up, I was very proud of it, but it took me for broke. Im only 16 years old, and I work at an italian pizzeria as a dishwasher. (yes, im italian.) Lets just say that being a dishwasher doesn't really bring in the big bucks...

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
first off
great looking tank

by the time I was done setting it up, I was very proud of it, but it took me for broke. Im only 16 years old, and I work at an italian pizzeria as a dishwasher. (yes, im italian.) Lets just say that being a dishwasher doesn't really bring in the big bucks...
i know the feeling, between bills gas and new stuff for the tank i am always left broke i work in a pet store so i get a discount but if i didnt my tank would be nothing like it is now, this stuff is expensive

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I had a pink coral like the one in the center front for my first fish tank and my fish absolutely loved it. Somewhere along the line in all my tank shifting I lost it in the shuffle and wish I had it back, where did you find the ones in that tank? They are lovely and I think Diablo would love one. He loves things that give him something new to get under and I can fix them to let him do that.

That tank is stunning and so imaginative. Thank you for sharing the picture.

Rose

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The fish in there really love it right now. It provides so many caves and knoocks and crannies. Its their sancuary. :)

The exact pink centerpiece that I have in the front was bought at a local Petsmart store. However, I found that they sell it on their site. It also has an airstone attachment on it, but you dont need to use it.

Top Fin® Rose Coral Aquarium Ornament - Décor - Fish - PetSmart

Another great coral maker is Nature's Image Artificial Coral. These corals are neither painted, nor dyed. The color of each piece is solid throughout. This means that these coral pieces will never fade.

You can find some of Nature's Image Artificial Coral here:

Saltwater Aquarium Fake Corals: Walt Smith's Nature's Image Reef Decorations Coral Multi-Packs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts