Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try my hand at a salt water tank, I am a relatively experienced freshwater tank keeper. I wanted it to be a nice little nano tank because im limited on space in my apt I was thinking about a 3 gal tank ( cant post link because ive only posted twice, Lame)

I just wanted to have a small piece of live coral in there and maybe an invert or a small fish...does any body have a few pointer for me or maybe an idea of a fish (not likely to jump b/c aquarium has no lid) or maybe a cool looking invert (shrimp, etc) thanks alot

·
Registered
15 Posts
A 3gl will be difficult to keep much of any fish in. A 3gl is difficult to keep the parameters steady. A 10gl would be much better, you could keep a couple fish, have plenty of LR for biofilteration and some corals too. Lighting a 10gl with PC or T5 wouldn't cost too much and not become a heating issue in a small tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definately go bigger when it's your first reef. I started off with a 20 gallon, but didn't stock it completely because I wanted to be able to move stuff if I wanted to. If you can find a really nice Nanocube, aquapod or biocube those are what I would recommend. Good luck with things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts