Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first real planted tank, and the plants don't look the best. I'm not sure if they are just getting used to the environment or what but I have had them for 1 week in the tank. The substrate is a layer of potting mix topped with gravel mixed in with root tabs. I also use easy green by aquarium coop about once every 5 days. What is wrong with what I am doing, or is this just a natural part of it?
Plant Flower Water Leaf Terrestrial plant
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Aquatic plant Pet supply
Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Leaf vegetable

·
Registered
Sterbai Corydora
12 Posts
This is my first real planted tank, and the plants don't look the best. I'm not sure if they are just getting used to the environment or what but I have had them for 1 week in the tank. The substrate is a layer of potting mix topped with gravel mixed in with root tabs. I also use easy green by aquarium coop about once every 5 days. What is wrong with what I am doing, or is this just a natural part of it? View attachment 32810 View attachment 32811 View attachment 32812
Now, i’m not an expert in plants i must say, so maybe another member can chime in. But in my own experience, if they are new plants, it could be that the plants are melting their “emersed” leaves. The plants are grown above the water, so they grow leaves that can survive above water. If you add them to an “submersed” environment, they will need “submersed” leaves. They will grow back after a while.
Plant Botany Road surface Terrestrial plant Grass

this anubia is still growing back it’s submersed leaves, it was all brown a few days after i added it, but it will grow right back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts