Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for some type of shrimp to go in my tank and my local store has a great selection, but what really caught my eye was the fire shrimp. I have just a few questions about this shrimp, first is it reef and coral safe? and second is it a good scavenger for cleaning up waste and un-wanted algae? thank you in advance!

·
Registered
724 Posts
It is definitely reef safe and is a good scavenger, not so much of algae, but of extra bits and pieces of food. If it is going into your 10g nano, you might need to target feed it once in a while to make sure it doesn't go hungry. It is a bit big for such a small tank, mainly just because of its dietary requirements. Might I suggest "sexy shrimp" if you're looking for a fun nano-compatible crustacean? Saltwater Invertebrates for Marine Reef Aquariums: Sexy Anemone Shrimp
I love mine. She lives in my xenia and forages all day long. Lots of fun to watch!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks phil for the link!
also ladyonyx thanks for your suggestion, I actually think that will be a better idea. The sexy shrimp looks really cool and I'm sure it would be happy in my size of an environment. Once my tank is done cycling and I have added the shrimp I will post a picture. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts