Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Hi!馃槂
Is
Today i noticed my betta fish Bug had a lot of tears on his fins. I don't know if this is fin rot or loss. There was a decoration in his tank that had semi sharp edges so i took it out to hopefully help stop the tearing. Sorry that the attached photos arent very good quality. View attachment 32368
View attachment 32369
View attachment 32366
View attachment 32367
Hi!馃槂
Is Bug (cute name by the way- I love it馃槀), alone in his habitat? If so, then very good observation about the "sharp" decoration. I'd done the same thing. Okay, you may possibly add in some aquarium salt which will soothe any irritation that he may have plus salt is a healing agent as well...poor little baby...

Registered
Thank you. Do you know how much salt I should add? I don't know if it matters but I have a 5 gallon tank. Also, he is alone in the tank.
Hi!馃槂
A half of teaspoon. Get a measuring cup or cup, fill it with whatever water that you use for your babies aquarium and stir in the aquarium salt real good then just pour it into your babies cage and I'm sure this will sound redundant but just keep an eye on him!馃槂

Registered
Hi!馃槂
A half of teaspoon. Get a measuring cup or cup, fill it with whatever water that you use for your babies aquarium and stir in the aquarium salt real good then just pour it into your babies cage and I'm sure this will sound redundant but just keep an eye on him!馃槂
hi!!馃槂馃槣馃槂
No problemo!! It's my pleasure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts