Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was given an Eheim ecco canister filter- it supposedly needed an
impeller, but that appeared fine after cleaning. The problem was that it would run fine until it was shut off- then it would lose its seal when or during restarting. I don't know whether it's the handle or the big red sealing O-ring or both, but the handle won't lock- it moves to the "unlock" position after I shut it down, and then commences to shower everything. The O-ring fits in its groove, but rather loosely- not at all tight as I'd assume- -
- Is this filter worth spending about $100 to repair, or should I try to get a new one?
- The model number is 2233 39- output is 550 l/h( metric)
- The same guy gave me an acryllic tank for a sump- an Amiracle brand.
I already have 3 powerheads- should I concentrate on putting this together instead of the Eheim? - All I have is the tank, the powerheads, and a broken-off ball valve that would fit in the hole in the sump wall if the cap *c/p*end wasn't busted off the valve.. It' a huge ball valve- about 1-1/4inch.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
yes its worth it, I traded 6 dozen guppies for a box of filters, 100 bucks later I had 4 brand new filters two being magnum 350's other two were HOT250's. Its worth it but check to make sure the eheim is working properly as in not staying pressurized when shut off.

Im also not sure what you need powerheads for with a sump...
if you got the acrylic sump and nothing else, you need some pricey parts to get that running correctly.

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TY for the vaseline suggestion- I tried it already, but didn't say so for the sake of brevity-
Turns out that the Eheim's a discontinued model but parts for the new model fit the old one..Eheim didn't give me any prices --also for the sake of brevity, I guess- -

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave the Eheim up to a friend who has a LPS- she's supposed to let me know what it'll cost to fix- -
I think I used the wrong terminology on the sump- when I said "powerheads" I meant a pump to return the water upwards to the main tank after filtering it..
- Wow - were those fancy or common guppies-or culls?
- That's a lotta guppies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts