Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again,
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Fluval canister filters. I was reccommended one, and I found some killer deals on eBay (50% off :D) but I still have a few thoughts that need to be addressed before I buy one. First off, I was considering the model 305 but I'm not sure that it includes the plumbing acessories (ie the tubing, intake screening, output options) and was wondering about what I should put in it. I'm kindof looking for something that I can reuse over and over again like bioglass, but knowing that I am going to have to replace the filter floss anyways. From what I heard, activated carbon has to be replaced regularly to prevent it from soiling the water. Thankz;)

sciencebuff93:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Hey there,
I have a fluval 404 and it's great. It comes with the hoses and everything that you need in those regards. You should do a bag of carbon in the middle chamber, a sponge in the bottom, and the bio media in the top. The carbon won't soil the water, it will just stop removing impurities as it becomes "exhausted". The pores fill up and it looses its effectiveness.
The Fluval is a great filter!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never used them, but from what I have heard, I agree with Media. I like using well known brands as it makes the aftersales service etc easier and more available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts