Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 large red tinfoil barbs, 7 danios, 1 tiger barb, 2 rosey barbs, 2 albino barbs, 2 catfish, 1 giant pleco, and 1 tiny pleco. I was just doing some tank maintenance and a water change today when I noticed that the filter wasn't running. When I took the cover off, I saw that it was completely dry and the filter I had replaced two weeks ago looked like it was brand new. I had noticed that when I replaced the cartridge, the water didn't get clearer like I thought it would. It would be difficult and inconvenient for me to get a new filter this weekend, do you think it can wait until tuesday? Do you even think I need a new filter at all if I do water changes? I hadn't been really keeping up with my changes for a while, and my fish seem ok.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I know that was pretty obvious that I needed to get a new filter. I just got a new one, and it is actually much quieter than the old one. I hope the Marineland penguin with bio-wheel is better than Penn-Plaxx Cascade. I tested my water quality and everything is pretty close to perfect, which is a relief.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts