Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30 gallon upright with a needlefish, 2 blue dwarf gourami, 2 black skirt tetras, and 2 Rafael catfish.

In my experience the needlefish won't eat anything unless it moves so I bought a 3 gallon Eclipse tank to keep feeders. I planned on buying 6 or so feeders at the beginning of the week and feeding them to the needlefish periodically. However, once in the 3 gallon tank the feeders don't last the night. I've tried guppies, minnows, and ghost shrimp. I thought I'd found a solution in the ghost shrimp because they would last about a week but i recently moved and the LFS doesn't carry ghost shrimp. Any possible solutions for my killer 3 gallon? I just need the feeders to live about week!

An unrelated problem: I have an extremely aggressive dwarf gourami. Originally there were 3 in the tank but one was bullied to death and I'm afraid another is on his way to the same fate. I've considered putting a larger fish into the tank to keep the aggressive gourami in check but have no idea if that would make things better or worse. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. it's been running about 4 and a half weeks now. the cycle smell has passed. also it has one live plant and sand substrate. fluorescent light. 76 F

1 - 4 of 4 Posts