Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Hi everyone,

I have two betta tanks ( 5 gallon and 6 gallon ) and one of them containing some shrimp.
My last betta i got about a month ago and he had a foggy eye, but looked generally in good health.
About a week ago i introduced shrimp and some java moss to the tank and noticed yesterday that my betta wasnt looking great.
He had a bit of his lower mouth "dissolved" a gap between his upper lip and head, and right above that a bit of a lump.
From what i gathered it is mouth rot and started medicating the tank yesterday with E.M. Erythromucin.
It looks like it didn't get worse from what i can tell so i'm hoping the meds are working. Poor thing
Since he is white it was hard to spot i think. I added pictures if anyone has thoughts on it, suggestions etc ... all is welcome :) Thanks!
Hi!馃槂 nice to meet you!馃槂
Aawww...poor baby, he looks "thrilled", not!馃槥馃槥
Maybe some aquarium salt? Salt does wonders; you know? Just a little, don't make it brackish, butt then, enough to possibly make it work though...also, they have regular "Betta water", I'm sure you know about...hmmm...poor little guy, I just hate for babies to suffer; you know?

Registered
Hi!馃槂 nice to meet you!馃槂
Aawww...poor baby, he looks "thrilled", not!馃槥馃槥
Maybe some aquarium salt? Salt does wonders; you know? Just a little, don't make it brackish, butt then, enough to possibly make it work though...also, they have regular "Betta water", I'm sure you know about...hmmm...poor little guy, I just hate for babies to suffer; you know?
hi...ahi...again!馃槂
I just wanted to say that he's a beautiful specimen; isn't he? Real pretty colors; wow!馃槂

Registered
Nice to meet you too!
Thx for that :) I'm happy to say he is doing much better with his antibacterial meds. I think i was lucky that i caught it in time as it was definitely mouth rot.
Aquarium salt i didn't dare to use too much as i have shrimp in them. I think the culprit was new Java moss that i introduced into the tank :/
Hi!馃槂
Good, good!馃槂
I'm sooo happy for you, hon, for I'd been praying for your baby! 馃槂馃槂馃槂 yippee!馃槂馃槂馃槂
I understand about the salt but you can also give him a "salt bath" when needed though.
Wow!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts