Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for a specific section on equipment but could find one. If this is in the wrong place please let me know where to put it.
I was given a 75 gal(tall) freshwater tank. Along with the tank came a Marineland Magnum 350 canister style filtration system. Long story short... I am trying to fill the carbon media container. The instructions say to just open the top and add carbon then replace the top. However, the top and one side are one piece that you fold over. If you remove the top the whole thing falls apart. Question;
DOes anyone have any idea how to fill these things completely, like it recommends?

TIA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi . . . don't know but I bet you can research it on the web. ;0) It could be also broken. I have a canister that sounds similar. Mine has a plastic net hard front that can be taken off . . . its filled at top with carbon . . . then there's a tube that is inserted through the middle. If yours is broken then maybe you can afix it together somehow? If its not broken then hopefully you'll find more info on web.

X

·
Registered
756 Posts
That filter comes with 2 different inserts. One is a micron filter for fine cleaning from time to time, the other is a canister for holding carbon, or better yet ceramic for bacteria. Here is a picture of the whole thing:

and here is a picture of just the canister that you fill:

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there . . . my carbon insert is similar but different than yours. The carbon goes inside . . . in the outer parimeter of this container . . . there's a tube in middle right? Then it sits inside the main filtering container? It . . . or mine is hard to put back together once I seperate the parts. With mine you just add carbon at top and close lid. You are having trouble with parts falling apart? Maybe a pet store employee will be able to tell you if you take it in to one?

With mine the front plastic web pc slides into grooves of the back and bottom part . . . there's a center tube that goes into a hole at top and bottom as you do that . . . and there's a dark plastic pipe in front of inside tube that fits into holes at top and bottom . . . this all has to go together at once. The carbon is added one together. of course this is for mine.

Sorry if I couldn't help . . . maybe someone else here can?

X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts