Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm Kytkattin. I am a college student, thyroid cancer survivor, still living at home with a modest 20gal tank (more on that later in my question post!). I have had many fish, though mainly all tropical. I tried my hand at an all female betta tank and thought that they are WAY too mean. I now seek out more peaceful fish.

I am sure this will cause some people to dislike me, but I don't like goldfish or catfish. I am actually terrified of catfish. Though I do have mainly cory cats in my tank so go figure. I only have 5 fish in my tank right now. I lost 4 fish due to having an inadequate filter and impossible to control ammonia. *frown That problem has been fixed, and everyone is doing much, MUCH better.

I have quite a few other animals, including 4 dogs, 3 rabbits (house rabbits), 2 cats, and a tarantula that I have somehow kept alive for 4 years. I encourage people to rescue animals, and spay and neuter. I have done a good amount of cat rescuing, even bottle feeding a few strays or taking in pregnant mothers. Fish are probably the only animal (other than bugs) I might some day consider breeding. If I do try that it will be quite a few years from now as I am on a limited budget (as in one tank is expensive enough!).

I am a little bit of a videogame player. While I mostly play xbox 360 (most recently Left 4 Dead 2), I am not loyal to one brand in particular. All 3 current gen consoles have a spot in my home. Though the PS3 only has one game so far... I am eagerly awaiting Bioshock 2!

That's pretty much it I guess! I look forward to being part of a fish community and learning more about their care, even for species I don't have (and won't ever have). Some day, a long time from now, I would love to have a reef tank if my budget allows.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on being a survivor. Sounds like your really into animals. That is so great. I have taken in many rescues in my lifetime I couldn't even give a near number. Its a heartfelt feeling to help one of our furry creatures.

You will learn about all different kinds of fish here and one of these days you will probably save up for more tanks. I went from 1 to 26. I also breed different kinds of fish including cories and bristlenose.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello Kytkattin , and welcome to the forums . I am an animal lover myself . Our latest dog is a rescue , we got her the day before she was to be put to sleep . She was only 4 months old , so I commend anyone who rescues animals and all 3 of my dogs are spayed and I have a soft spot for pound/rescue dogs .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts