Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new here.
I just started a 10 gallon fresh water tank about 2 weeks ago. Everything is going really well, I've got 2 glass fish and 2 hatchet fish. But the tank is getting a bit dirty due to leftover flakes and some tiny particles, so I decided to drop by the pet store to pick up an Otocinclus but while i was at the pet store, I saw a really cool looking eletric blue lobster. I ended up buying both. Now heres the problem, The lobster starts attacking the Otocinclus literally 10 minutes after I put them into the tank. I cant stop it from do it so I just separated the lobster from the tank. My real question is, is there some sort of cage that I can buy to trap the lobster in there while keeping everything in the same tank? Thank you all

·
Registered
15 Posts
you want to keep the lobster in a cage so it can live in your tank without being able to move? dude if the different species in your tank can't cohabitate (which is very likely in such a small tank) then you should probably do a little more research as to what creatures can live with what creatures... also, i'm assuming that when you say you started your tank 2 weeks ago, that means it finished cycling 2 weeks ago... yea?

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes it finished cycling 2 weeks ago
so what is your solution here?
Blue lobsters attack EVERYTHING. They will climb plants, the filter tube, or whatever they can in an attempt to get at things higher up in the tank.

I put one in my 55 gallon tank - it went after everything - my sharks eventually killed it once it molted.

You should put it in a 5-10 gallon tank by itself and give it something to hide under.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts