Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some trouble with my Eheim canister filter. It's pumping fine, but there is some amount of water in the 3rd smaller hose and it makes a pretty loud gargling noise. It didn't make the noise until I cleaned the filter out and started it up again.

Unfortunately, I bought the filter/tank used, so I don't have any instruction manuals for it.

The filter overall is quiet, but the gargling is really annoying (woke me up this morning and my tank is in the other room).

I tried unplugging the pump, closing the valves and removing the hoses from the pump to drain the that 3rd little hose, but it's still making the gargling noise.

The 3rd hose is not near the water level at the tank.

What is the function of that third line? Any suggestions on how to get rid of the gargling noise?

John S.

·
Registered
92 Posts
do you hve the model # if so take off the shroud that covers the propeller and plug it in i had the same prob with my powerhead chances are your pump is probably going shotty

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you want the instruction on how to prime the filter, go to their website and download them. from my experince in motor rarely go bad, but the impellors do get clog and gunked up. Check the impellor and clean the hole were the magnet sits. Are you getting air returning to tank. Check to make sure you have the ltop seal is not be pinched and is seated right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I unhooked the canister, the strange thing was that when I took the top off, it wasn't full of water... I don't think it could have siphoned up.

So, I filled it with water and put the top on, making sure it was sealed good and hooked it back up.

It gargled a little at the beginning, but it's been a couple of minutes and hasn't made the noise... maybe it's fixed for now. If it comes back in the next couple of days, I guess I need to replace all of the seals.

Now it's making a little bit of noise only when the pump cycles from high to low flow (just a little water noise...)

Thanks for the help.

John S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts