Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the E-Heim 2227 or 2229 wet dry filters? These are canister filters that alternately empty and fill to provide a wet dry filter environment. They look appealing to me but I am a bit leery for what reason I don't know. I don't plan on keeping inverts, just a small fish population. My other option is to build my own wet/dry or refugium but I am having trouble understanding exactly what the difference is between these two systems, they both appear the same to me. I know that the refugium contains live rock and special algae but I have seen these placed into wet dry sumps as well and can't help but think this would be the best of both worlds so to speak. I think I would enjoy the process of building my own but the E-Heim seems like such an perfect fit for my apartment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have no experience with the eheim wet dry but for just a small fish population it should be ok. The main difference i can think of between a refugium and a wet dry is most of the time a refugium has 24 hour lighting while some people may not light their wet dry at all or if anything only during the time that people run their daytime lights.

Others should have some input as they come on the site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts