Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
What can you tell me about an angel fish (Pterophyllum scalare) in 54l tank? Will it be grow up? I have read on Polish forum that this fish will be dwarf (stunted) and will die soon. Is it true? Also is it feel pain in small tank?

I leanr English so forgive me mistakes :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the answer.
I wonder how it is possible. I thought you could give me some more explanation because I am very questioning person. On Polish web sites there is only one sentence "big fish in small tank will be dwarf" without more explanation why it is happen.
I have two angel fish in my 54L (14 galons) aquarium for a year. Aquarium is 40cm (16 inch) height. If I move them to larger tank will they grow up?

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Its possible that they might start growing some. Even if they don't they would be happy with more swimming room. I have had some angels that have gotten big enough that one would have a hard time turning around in a tank that size. but they were larger than most.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
They do cause shorter life spans. the longest i ever had an angelfish (that was stunted) was two years...

Reactions: magda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for information. I am going to buy a good book about fish. Maybe there I will find scientific explanation for my question because I am very curious why it is happend.
Once again thanks. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts