Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at Walmart today, I saw some dry aquarium 'bulbs' in cello bags hanging on pegs in the fish section. Are these any good? Does anyone have any experience with them? I know one was a lily; can't remember the other. I'd never seen these before and was curious about them! :fish bowl-3:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Most of the ones I have tried turned out to be duds. Not saying they don't grow as some have .... just not for me. ;o)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone...I think I will indeed save my money! :)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Not sure what your familiarity is buty if you really want some plants...try looking at some online stores instead of your chain stores. And be carefull of the Top Fin tubes. 90% of them are not true aquatic but are bog plants.

·
Registered
285 Posts
While at Walmart today, I saw some dry aquarium 'bulbs' in cello bags hanging on pegs in the fish section. Are these any good? Does anyone have any experience with them? I know one was a lily; can't remember the other. I'd never seen these before and was curious about them! :fish bowl-3:
I doubt that most of the stuff from Walmart would be good. Unless if they are said to be good, and are at a good price then you should definitely go for it :)

I would, but I usually go to a hardware store that has very good plant bulbs, or I would go to my local pet store where I can buy some bulbs too. I am looking to see if I can get a T5 bulb for my freshwater tank, since it is only a 29 gallon, it only has one bulb placement. So If there were two, then I might be able to have different types of plants of various colors :)

Although the person told me that unless you have a lot of money, don't bother buying T5 light bulbs because they cost more than 100,000 Yen (100 dollars CAD approx) so I don't know. I could order them online, but they are somewhat cheaper but the shipping cost would be more expensive.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive bought a total of 4 packs. of the 12 plants, at least 9 grew! No trick, just drop em in the tank and let the float, then they'll sink after a few days then you place it were you want it, and it will grow. simple, easy, works!

I bought all lily's and some were green, some red. they grow fast and stay healthy easily, w/o any maintenence at all! im VERY pleased with this product! 9 plants for $8 is a deal.

"Save your money" and buy these, instead of a live plant for $5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts