Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this done? I've heard many stories about this being the most successful way to keep them alive through the danger period. Just had a diatom explosion and figured it might be a good time to pick a couple up before my adjusted water parameters kills it all back.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
The easiest way that I have found is to put the oto's into a pitcher, bowl or bucket and set it lower than the tank they are going in. Take some airline tubing and tie a loose knot towards one end. Put one end in the tank and the other will go where the fish are. Start a syphon of tank water that will slowly drip into the bowl/etc at one or 2 drops per second. Let it fill the bowl over a course of one to 2 hours to where the water is at least 3/4 tank water. net out the fish and put them into the tank.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
much appreciated. Trying to solve this Diatom problem a little faster than waiting for it to die and sadly my pet store doesn't carry dwarf plecos. Really not interested in having an Over a foot long Goliath in my tank in a year or so for a minor problem.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've done this same method for my otos...they're going on 4 weeks strong. I will drip acclimate all my purchases this way from now on. Especially since my LFS uses RO water and I use tap. By acclimating them for hours, it's less stressful on them. It's a great method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts