Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I live close to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Does anyone know of any good beaches to collect Driftwood?

It has to be a clean beach with the least amount of trash and pollution cause I don't want to use driftwood that might be contaminated with all sorts of bacteria and toxins. I do plan on boiling any driftwood but would still rather pick from a clean relatively pollution free beach.

I looked in the Aquarium stores but no one has the shape and size I am looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spud, wondering if you ever received an answer to this question or found a good spot. I'm just outside of Chicago and am looking for large pieces also.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spud, wondering if you ever received an answer to this question or found a good spot. I'm just outside of Chicago and am looking for large pieces also.

Thanks
I found a few pieces , really nothing that great to write about.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

Thanks
where outside of chicago, I collect wood for aquarium and taxidermy in mchenry,ogle,kane and lake counties then down in knox indiana on my hunting land i got a few huge creeks that produce some nice plants and wood.
I wouldnt use ANY LM wood right now since nearly every illinois beach was under a no swim for e-coli.

As far as LM driftwood finding goes, it takes alot of walking possibly a set of waders to get the good pieces. the beach parks and public access areas have junk wood dont use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts