Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Dori is a big old fan tail, 5-6 years old. She (I think) lives in a 125g aquarium with her friends, 10 yr old, 10" red tail tin foil barb, very old (12-14 yrs) 10" common goldie, another large fan tail (3 yrs?) and a few corries to help clean the tank. note: I know that these are warm and cold water fish living together. I keep the tank at 75 degrees and they seem happy enough.

I change the water on average once a month. Just did an 80% water change last night so not able to give a water reading at the moment. Always been good though. Filters- HOB Penguin Bio 350, Cascade 750 canister. 3 heaters, 1 power filter, 3 live bamboo plants.

The problem - I think Dori might have an ulcer on her left side by her dorsal fin. Right now it's a big (1/4") white (no yellow or red), nasty, scrape/scarred up looking bump. She shows no sign of being unhappy. Eating, swimming, playing, all fine. Just this big ugly thing on her side. At first I thought it might be a cut or scrape but if it is an ulcer, then what? And how do you be sure?. If it is an ulcer, this means parasites too right? Anyhoo, if this is an ulcer, from what I've read it's a very bad thing and hard to treat. Some say salt dip, others antibiotics or hydro or... So, can anyone tell me what to do here? I'd really hate to lose Dori. I do have a 10g hospital tank. Dori's pretty big but I suppose...

PS I'd post a pic but Dori won't sit still long enough.

update: Dori is still doing fine. The ulcer, scrape or whatever isn't getting any bigger or changing color. Keeping my fingers crossed.

update: Looks like Dori is doing well. I've decided it's not an ulcer on her side but that she has cut herself, probably on one of the rocks in the tank. Well, stuff happens I guess. All's well that ends well. :)

Reactions: April R

·
The Mothership
132 Posts
How is she doing?

·
The Mothership
132 Posts
So good to hear!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts