Aquarium Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
I CHANGE WATER
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
again today I find this second pair of discus have laid eggs in my 180 community.They actually gaurded the first set rather well.I find this second set of eggs to have come very quickly.The other pair did lay eggs almost every 7 days once they got going but did take almost 30 days inbetween their first and second set of eggs.
So it would seem these are deserving to be placed in the 55 in an attempt to spawn them.
In the last week the original pair also laid eggs on the opposite end of the tank.They didn't seem as defensive(like the second pair),but it really must be the "season" for many egg layers,as my GBR ,angels(2 females{both laid eggs}),and my discus have been busy!

·
I CHANGE WATER
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It would seem the "spirit of competition" or season have taken effect and the original pair have laid eggs again.These two pair are laying eggs so often now I can't keep track of time inbetween without backtracking this thread(beauty of this site).I will leave both pair in 180 for a little while longer and then move both pair to the 55 with an eggcrate divider to seperate.Possibly with the "competition" and safety of having their own space I will finally have different results.When I move them I will post in the http://www.aquariumforum.com/f44/new-120-up-running-41349.html

21 - 22 of 22 Posts