Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have blue diamond Discus pair. I have had it for over 4 month now. They are in 20 g tank with no decorations, breeding cone only. I do water change every day. I have RO/DI filter so it soft and pH 6.2. I notice that they did "dance" , they did cleaning and all pre work before laying eggs and nothing happen. Now both of them darker I should say. So body covered in pre "slime " to feed babies. But no eggs. Now two of them dont swim together and stay in separate corners. Swim together once in while. I notice also that one of the discus become more aggressive with other. I feed them frozen beef harts, brine shrimp, blood worms.

Any feedback or even possible solutions ?

PS Sorry for miss spells. I have read about discus and breading cycle and keeping discus a lot but cant find answer.

Thank you for your responces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have blue diamond Discus pair. I have had it for over 4 month now. They are in 20 g tank with no decorations, breeding cone only. I do water change every day. I have RO/DI filter so it soft and pH 6.2. I notice that they did "dance" , they did cleaning and all pre work before laying eggs and nothing happen. Now both of them darker I should say. So body covered in pre "slime " to feed babies. But no eggs. Now two of them dont swim together and stay in separate corners. Swim together once in while. I notice also that one of the discus become more aggressive with other. I feed them frozen beef harts, brine shrimp, blood worms.

Any feedback or even possible solutions ?

PS Sorry for miss spells. I have read about discus and breading cycle and keeping discus a lot but cant find answer.

Thank you for your responces.
Hello
Never mix your RO water back with tap water, put 1 teaspoon per 40 gallons of calcium carbonate and half a teaspoon of salt
Cut your water changes down to once a month and only do 25% change.
Use Purigen to remove nitrates, or my product. The only problem with my product is I live in Australia, although mine can in freshwater be recharged with salt. Even with post from here it is still cheaper.

Regards Graham

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Do pwc's twice a week.

methalene blue sp* will help as well, however it sounds like your two wernt truly paired. If nothing happens move onto another pair. You do have a large tank for the discus correct?

·
brock
33 Posts
they may have layed her eggs but ate them through the night sometimes mine do that they will get it right give them time good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My guessing, The two blue monkey "Avatar Discus" don't feel like they are in Pandora. Nothing unique about the tank so guess they were just pair for a bit only. No beautiful landscape for such a beautiful fish. IMHO.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
if they are eating their eggs or not producing them the pair isnt a true breeding pair. I have some like this and i just feed em and keep up with their water changes thats about it. Ones that do lay and the eggs last longer even to wiggler stage I concentrate more effort into getting them to produce solidly.

I personally wouldnt use anything less then a 40B for a single pair of true breeding discus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts