Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the blackout method for 5 days. Covered it with a black trash bag, no light at all. Checked it this morning and the algae was gone, so I left the light on for six hours while I was at work. I came home and it’s already noticeably cloudy again.

I turned off the lights again.

So what’s next? Is my filter too small? I haven’t done a water change yet but there is obviously something off in my tank I can’t figure out
Vertebrate Output device Green Nature Water

Water Nature Rectangle Organism Plant

·
Registered
4 Posts
For me personally, this problem will usually pass if I do very little for a few weeks. I do not change anything about the filter (cartridge, media, etc.), and I will do a small water change. A lot of times, this cloud will go down on its own, until one day it is completely gone (in one to two weeks at most)! I have noticed, that messing with the tank TOO MUCH can make the cloud even worse. Best of luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me personally, this problem will usually pass if I do very little for a few weeks. I do not change anything about the filter (cartridge, media, etc.), and I will do a small water change. A lot of times, this cloud will go down on its own, until one day it is completely gone (in one to two weeks at most)! I have noticed, that messing with the tank TOO MUCH can make the cloud even worse. Best of luck!
Thanks for the advice . It’s still a little cloudy but not algae cloudy. I did buy a new filter and air stone so I have been picking up rocks and such so hopefully it all settles soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts