Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm hoping for some help, and a friend reccommende I ask your club members. I have a unicellular algae bloom in my 20 gallon goldfish tank. Since it gets lots of sun, and I can't move it (it's on the only outlet in my classroom), I was hoping to add some daphnia. During the summer, I know I can usually find them in most of the ponds here. But it's February. Does anyone either a) have a few extra I could have or b) know where I could get some? I'm on a teacher's budget here, so free or cheap is ideal. Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
u keep goldfish y dont u keep tropical fishes u could have lyk 200 pacus in ur tank tht wuld be rly cool beos dey wood all swimf togeva and der never gro biga.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
u keep goldfish y dont u keep tropical fishes u could have lyk 200 pacus in ur tank tht wuld be rly cool beos dey wood all swimf togeva and der never gro biga.

OMGHI2U2!!111!!

Knock it off with the stupid comments, post something useful or go pound sand.

Use spell check if you cant communicate in proper languages. Ghetto is not a language.

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
+1 whitedevil there was no need for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sorry your first reponse on AF was ridiculous. Welcome to the forum!
Here's a link to a live fish foods place that sells Daphnia for pretty cheap: Buy Live Daphnia Cultures
The Daphnia will love living in a tank like that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the helpful link, and the welcome, ladyonyx. When I posted that, it was about 10 degrees outside. In the following time (I still hadn't gotten around to buying any...) I have discovered 2 things. 1) a place to find daphnia in the summer and 2) that the tank only gets enough sun for an algal bloom from october to March! So around the equinox, i went in to the classroom-- and it had cleared up all by itself. Gotta love south facing windows! Now I just need to start a culture this summer, and keep it going long enough to get me through 6 months of winter light! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts