Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot keep my Danios from completely eating the darn algae wafers I add for the OTOS!!! I don't see any "visible" algae in my tank, so I want to supplement the otos food so they don't get hungry. I've tried dropping half a wafer at night in darkness so that maybe the Danios would have a lesser chance of finding it and guess what???? I wake up this morning to find all my Danios with huge bellys...those piggies *#666

My Otos' bellies look round as if they're getting food, so I'll go buy a cucumber or zuc to feed them next time with the hopes that the otos will get something out of it!

So there's my rant, thanks for listening *pc

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Poor otos

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well unfortunately those sweet otos died a week and a half ago :( I left a piece of cucumber in the tank for them since they weren't eating the algae wafers. Their bellies were always nice and round, so I'm guess it's nothing I did wrong--it's just that they are delicate the first few weeks in a new tank.

I plan on waiting until my tank is stocked and buying 2 more. They will immediately go into a quarantine tank for at least 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
<sniff>

Another tragic story in the life of Oto's. It's very sad. They go through so much to get to the stores from the wild.

But I'm working on it. ;o)

Terribly sry to hear about them ST.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know James! It's very unfortunate what those lil guys go through. I have been diligently following your Oto journal and wish you the best! You could be this forum's main breeder of Otos!!!! We're guaranteed to get the best :) LOL!

I'm starting to have diatoms and thread algae right now, so I SO wish I had the guys still. I'm too wary to add them to the tank without a proper quarantine first, and that's setup for my rasbora espei's right now!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear that flyin-lowe. I'll be going Sunday to my LFS to buy a couple more. This time, those guys are going into the quarantine tank for a few weeks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts