Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 4 damsels two days ago for my frag tank,2 blue and 2 yellow tail. The only thing they have eaten is a few mysis shrimp today when i was feeding corals. I have never had damsels before so i am in the blue here. Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
they may be a lil sickly i have one that is mushawd he is in the hospital tank lol the others chase him because they know he is getting better but he doesnt eat much he is getting better though just givem alil time what are you feeding him other than mysis

i know all mine including the sickly one likes more of a vege diet maybe give that a lil try if nothin else works out for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely try mixing formula 2 pellets with some garlic extreme..... mine go nuts for it. They can be shy too, give them a few days to get accustomed to their surroundings! Give it a month, and they'll be biting ya every chance they get! lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stay small with the food. A little gut loaded brine and mysis. A little alot until they turn back into hungry damsels (aka satan's little helpers). No more than they eat or peck at

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mine didn't eat right away either. They responded really well to garlic-soaked brine. They are monsters now

·
Registered
724 Posts
Agreed! I have 3 dominos in my FOWLR tank and they are evil. I'd happily give them to someone else who wanted them, but I'm hard pressed to find anyone who wants those little beasts.

·
Registered
250 Posts
IMO two days is not long enough to really worry. Sometimes I have had fish go a week before eating. Sometimes they have not been in the LFS for very long, and have not even adjusted to being out of the bag before they get netted again!

Hope things turn out fine, but you would have to try pretty hard to kill off damsels so rest easy.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they arent starving, they have had a few mysis but that is it, i am going to try some sinking pellets tomorrow, i got them from a girl at work and she got six at the same time and hers are eating like crazy on sinking pellets.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wouldnt sweat it since its been a couple of days only although at the 5 day mark I would start to have some concern. Using some garlic additive to the food will often entice picky eaters or reluctent eaters to feed a bit and allow them sopme more time to adjust to new surroundings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts