Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
As of now, I have a 45gl with an electric blue crayfish, a bunch of guppies, and 2 cories(1 blackfin and 1 elongated bronze. The tank is in horrible condition(ammonia is through the roof!). the tank will be going to garfreak526 soon, and the electric blue crayfish has found a new home with a person my dad knows, the guppies will be going in the guppy tank, but the 2 cories are undecided. I've started setting up a 10g in my room and was thinking of putting the cories in that tank, along with 2 more of each kind. my question is-if the cories have been adapted to high ammonia levels for so long, would it be a shock to put them in a cycled tank?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm....I think I'll let garfreak526 keep the cories.

I guess they're would also be other problems, as i was planning on a making it a dwarf cichlid tank and nothing more. and dwarf cichlids are very territorrial when breeding so i think the cories can get attacked as well.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
What I was talking about is taking them from a tank full of crud and moving them to a clean tank will cause them problems. They need to be slowly adjusted to the clean water. Also 6 cories unless they are the pygmy type will be to many for a 10 and would cause your ammonia bioload to be just as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts