Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody. I'm tryin' to plan out what fish I am goin' to get for my 46 gallon corner tank. At this point the only fish i have in there are 2 damsels (yellowtail, 3 striped), and I also have some mushrooms, pulsing xenias, and a condi anemone. Here is a list of the rest of the fish that I want.

2 clownfish (probably percs for my nephew)

1 yellow watchman gobie

1 yellowtail damsel

1 coral beauty Angelfish

Would the angel be ok in the tank with the other fish? Would it be too crowded? I also plan to get a star polyp, an orange monti digi, and a couple more corals. Does anyone have any advice on this set up? Any input and suggestions would be great. Bear in mind that I'm new at this. I've done plenty of research but am lackin' severely in experience. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would not do a angel in the tank. you have a 50/50 that it will eat you coral i know this form experience my coral beauty is know in my 250 fish only because of it. If you want to take the chance it is up to you. other than that you fish selection looks good for that tank. good luck with it
craig

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I get the fish I listed at the beginning (subsitute the angel for a sixline), will that give me plenty of room for the corals and fish?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It depends. I had a coral beauty in my reef tank from 95-08. The trick is to get it eating fish food. They will always graze on your algea in the tank, and would likely nip at your zenia...

But, getting food they like is the key... I use a blend of aquadine, including shrimp pellets that my fish all love.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts