Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I grind up copper sulfate crystals to add them to my tank? Ich treatment is expensive, and I have a copper sulfate crystal lying around.
My black Molly has ich, and I have no hospital tank, so I want to find a solution fast.
If I can grind one up and dissolve it, how many mg/L should I use for a 15 gal (temporary housing, don't worry) to treat one black Molly? I also have a very large apple snail in the tank, bigger than a golf ball, which lll move out before treating.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
8,319 Posts
No as its not made for aquariums. And copper never leaves the tank it will kill any snails you put in there. If you can't get a heater to treat your fish right and say ich meds cost to much, your best bet is to not keep fish until you can afford things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No as its not made for aquariums. And copper never leaves the tank it will kill any snails you put in there. If you can't get a heater to treat your fish right and say ich meds cost to much, your best bet is to not keep fish until you can afford things.
I'll rehouse the snail, and clean all rock and replace water afterwards. Copper sulfate is sold as ich medicine, so what can I do to make it work? I'm doing what I can, I'll buy the ich medicine if I must, im just trying to find a

1 - 8 of 8 Posts