Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so a while ago I asked for opinions on angels and cons in the same tank, so I did it and have had no aggression towards each other, however, my cons bred and the male got real aggressive with the female so I put in a divider and kept dad with the babies. so mom is now back with the angels on their side and today I took out the divider to clean. Well as I was about to pull the driftwood out I turned it and got bit like 12 times by momma con, so I looked and there are eggs, most of which are brownish which indicates fertilization. So if the cons are separated who fertilized the eggs? I've looked for the possibility of one of the angels but can find no record of this ever happening?!? Anyone please chime in, I know there should be no chance of this but what else could it be?*c/p*

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very small chance but possible I suppose, dont much matter now she has been eating the eggs

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was the divider close to the nest? If that was the case, it's possible the male released sperm closed enough for it to fertilize. I've heard of that happening before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts