Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Confused by Fish Feeder - Please Help

Hi! We will be out of town for a few days so I purchased a Fish Mate F14 - which came without written instructions.

This battery-powered automatic fish feeder has two concentric clocks on it - the inner one says "set time". I set that one with the current time below the black arrow. One hour later, it had advanced by about 4 hours. What's up with that?

There were two inserts set in the clock (and two spares in the package). As I turn the clock, the feeding shelf begins moving several hours before one insert arrives, and then stops, and then starts about an hour after the other insert arrives at the black arrow (this, according to the outer clock).

This is all very confusing!

Can anyone help me understand this Fish Feeder?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im sorry your having trouble with your feeder. Is it hooked up to an air supply? (If it needs one)
Is there a number on the back of the packaging or instructions so you can call someone? I could not find any information, I am sorry.

P.S. If I am correct I believe fish can go 7 days without food and be fine. I did it once before and never had any problems. (some might think thats cruel.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks you for your help.

The "inner" clock markings seem to make no sense at all and may just be for decoration, which is awful as one would assume that clock markings, on a timer, would be meaningful.:eek:

However, by simply filling the baskets the device actually works fine (you do need to install a battery and flip the switch to "on").:)

I used two of them for a week feeding one tank once per day and the other, twice a day, with good results. I would not want to just let the fish go hungry although they would probably survive.:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
You know my toaster has that same problem with the marking issue! It is really annoying. I cant tell you how much stuff I burned until I realized they had the indented marker for the opposite of the actual time.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts